• Start preparing for the Satyanarayan Pooja well in time on the Pooja Day & check all the Pooja samagri
• Tie the door hanging to the main door. Decorate your main entrance with colorful Rangoli.
• Play some divine music like Sitar, Shehnai, Santoor, Flute etc… to create a holy atmosphere.
• Check if your camera and camcorder are in working conditions; batteries charged. This is a precious
moment in your life and you should capture it, preserve it, cherish it and share with your relatives & friends.
• Prepare the Prasad (offerings to the god like food, sweets etc…) well in time.
• Before starting the Pooja the host couple should wear dresses suitable and appropriate for the Pooja as
per the family tradition. Typically the husband should wear Indian silk Dhoti and the silk kurta or regular
Kurta Pajama. Wife of the host should wear a sari or salwar kamiz dupatta etc...
• If there are kids at home call their friends as much in advance as possible so that they will not get bored
and trouble during the Pooja. Ask the kids to participate in the Pooja as they like, do not force them.
Engage them in their favorite activities like comic books, story books, favorite TV Programs,
Cartoon/Comedy TV Programs or DVDs etc…Without taking care of them properly expecting them to
behave through out the Pooja is not correct.
• Follow the steps given blow and the pictures for preparation of Pooja.
|| Satyanarayan Pooja Dais Arrangement ||
• As far as possible do not set up Pooja near kitchen so that strong smell of spices will not cause problem
during the Pooja and also chatting in the kitchen will not create distraction during Pooja .
• A Chaurang or any other suitable square or rectangular box, coffee tray, coffee table etc… can be used as
Pooja Dais for Satyanarayan Pooja.
• Place the chaurang against a wall in such way that the deities on the chaurang are facing east (if not west
is also OK). Place a nice decorative cloth on it. Keep at least 4 feet open space on both sides of the Pooja
Dais. Keep the sitting mattress for Panditji on the left side.
• Keep all the Pooja samagri in different plates on the right side of the chaurang. Prepare a bowl full of
Panchamrut by adding 2-3 tea spoon curd, 1 spoon honey, 1-2 spoons pure ghee & 1 spoon sugar to about
1 cup milk. If required prepare more pamchamrut enough for all the guests invited for the Pooja.
• Tie 4 pieces of Banana Tree Leaves, one each at all the four corners of the Chaurang if not place 2
flowerpots (vases) at the 2 backside corners of the Chaurang with some decorative flowers of different
types in them.
• In the center of the Chaurang put handful of rice grains and place silver or copper Kalash. Fill it with water,
just a little over half. Put 1 Beatle nut, 1 Quarter coin, 1 flower & a little akshata in the Kalash. If available
put some Ganga Jal (holy water of Ganges) in the Kalash. Place a new cloth (blouse piece or handkerchief
etc…) around the Kalash.
• Place 5 Beatle nut leaves on the edge of the silver or copper Kalash with the stems inside the kalash & the
ends outside the kalash. Place a Tamhan (copper or silver plate) on the Kalash, fill it with rice grains and
Draw a “Swastik” symbol with kumkum in the middle and place one Beatle nut at the center of the swastika
and the “Balkrishna” on the right side of the Beatle nut.
• Place the Bell (Ghanta) at the front left corner of the Chaurang and place the Conch (Shankha) on the front
right corner of the Chaurang. Keep some rice grains below the conch to make a proper base for it.
• Keep the Lord Ganesh Murti in front of the Kalash at the center and keep murti or coin or photo of Lakshmi
to the right side of Lord Ganesh.
• Keep all other deities as per your family tradition e.g. Kuladevata on the Chaurang at a suitable place.
Photos can be also placed on the wall if needed.
or niranjan so that the oil or ghee will not spill outside.
• Keep the incense stick (Agarbatti) in a proper holder next to the ghee lamp on the right side of Chaurang.
• Keep 5 coconuts with water in front of the Chaurang on the aluminum foil. Keep one Beatle Leaf in front of
each coconut. Keep one dollar note folded on each leaf, keep one quarter coin on each dollar note, keep
one Beatle Nut on each coin. Keep one peace of dry coconut on each Beatle Leaf and keep a small piece
of “Deshi Gud” i.e. Jaggery on each piece of dry coconut. Keep small quantity of 5 types of dry fruits like
cashes nuts, almonds, resins, pistachio, dry dates etc…
• Keep one Jug full of water near the Chaurang. Keep a big utensil or big bowl to keep the used water.
• Keep two mattresses one each for the husband and wife performing Pooja in front of the Chaurang about 2
feet away from the Chaurang. Husband will seat facing the Chaurang and the wife will seat on the right
side of the husband. The Chaurang should be in the center for both to perform Pooja comfortably.
• Keep one mattress on the left side of the Chaurang for Panditji who will be facing the couple performing the
Pooja. If the host is facing East Panditji should be facing West and if host is facing West Panditji should be
• Keep all other Pooja material on the right side of the Chaurang duly arranged in different plates as per the
samagri list without fail (Please do not keep the Pooja Samagri in the plastic carry bags). Double check all
the material as per the list is available. (Do not misplace Pooja Samagri and very important; do not fight
with each other over keeping Samagri. )
All the above preparation should be done before arrival of Panditji so that Pooja can be finished in time and all the
Guests, the hosts and Panditji can have Prasad Bhojan (Lunch) in time.
1) Material for Satyanarayan Pooja Stage
1. Chaurang - Four legged wooden square stool
(Small rectangular folding coffee tray, or even a square or
rectangular corrugated box will serve the purpose)
2. Shankha - Conch 1
3. Ghanta – Bell (Silver/Brass/Stainless Steel) 1
4. Balkrishna/Shaligram Murti (Silver/Brass) 1
5. Ganesh & Lakshmi Murti/Coin (Silver/Brass) 1
6. Kul-Devata (Family Deity) Murti (Silver/Brass) or photo. 1
7. Satyanarayan Photo if available 1
8. Decorative cloth on the Chaurang (Dais) like table cloth, shawl etc…If the
churang has decorative surface of silver/copper, the cloth is not necessary.
9. Vastra (Cloth - like blouse piece, handkerchief, napkin…) for Kalash 1
10. Banana Leaves about 1½'-2' long or 2 flower pots with 5-6
flowers each with long stems can also be used instead)
11. Household Aluminum Foils Approx. 4’ X 2' 3-4 Pieces
1. Samai (Brass/Stainless Steel/silver Lamp with 5 or 7 wicks)
used with oil. (Only ONE wick to be lighted during Pooja due to
wooden construction of houses in USA)
12. Red Yellow, Green, Rangoli Colors. Decorate the
entrance of your house with an attractive Rangoli Design.
You can also use colored chalks or crayons.
1 Small Bowl each
4 Oz (100 gms)
13. Rangoli (fine powder of white stone, used to create decorative designs in
front of the door of the house)
14. Seating Mattresses (1 for Panditji, 2 for host couple)
In case of the hard floors the seating mattresses should have good
15. Match Box or Gas Lighter 1
16. Thread/Cello Tape for tying banana leaves to the legs of Chaurang 8 Feet
17. Scissor for cutting thread etc... 1
18. Paper Napkins 1 Roll
Material description Quantity
2) Material for Host for performing Pooja Quantity
19. Kalash/Loti (Silver/Copper/Stainless Steel). Traditional
Indian pot used for keeping drinking water during lunch or
dinner, can also be used if Pooja Kalash is not available.
20. Tamhan/Purnapatra (7-8" diameter)
(Silver/Copper/Stainless Steel Plate traditionally used in
Pooja one is used for keeping on Kalash & other is used
for Pooja Vidhi)
21. Panchpatra/Bhande (Silver/Copper/Stainless Steel –
traditional Indian pot used for drinking water during lunch or
dinner, it is about 3 inches in height & 2.5 inches in
Pali (Silver/Copper/Stainless Steel – traditional spoon used
22. Ganga Jal (Water of Holy River Ganges) (if available) 1 Pouch/Bottle
23. Niranjan (Lamp with one wick used with ghee) 1
24. Silver/Stainless Steel Plates with 9”-12”
diameter – 1 for Aarti and another for
keeping pooja material
25. Water Jar/Jug/Bottle (½ Gallon) (Stainless Steel/Plastic) 1
26. Utensil/Bowl (½ Gallon) (Stainless Steel/Plastic) for keeping
27. 5 types of Fruits 5 each like Mango, Banana, Apple, Orange, Grapes, Pear,
28. 1 Dollar Bills 11
29. Quarter Coins 11
30. Cotton Balls (Approximately 1-2" diameter cotton balls) 15-20
31. Janve Jod/Janeu (Holy thread) 5 pairs
32. Red Holy Thread (Moli) 1 Reel
3) Tray/Plate 1 - Gandhakshata Quantity
33. Akshata (Rice Grains mixed with Kumkum) 1 Small Bowl
34. Halad (Turmeric Powder) 1/2 Small Bowl
35. Kumkum (Red Holy Powder) 1/2 Small Bowl
36. Sandalwood Powder or Tablets. 1 packet
37. Ashtagandha (Scented Orange Powder) 1/4 Small Bowl
Material description Quantity
4) Tray/Plate 2 - Dhoop Aarti Quantity
38. Agarbatti (Incense Sticks)- with stand; ensure the stand is stable. Keep it in
a Stainless Steel plate to avoid ash falling on the floor/carpet.
39. Dhoop (Thick Incense Sticks/Cones/crystals etc...) 1 box
40. Kapur (Camphor) with Kapur Aarti Patra/Plate 1 Box
5) Tray/Plate 3 - Naivedya (Offering) Quantity
41. Tambulam (Beatle leaves with stem) 15
42. Supari (Beatle Nuts) 30
43. Pancha khadya - (5 types of dry fruits) e.g. Kharik (Dry Dates), Kaju
(Cashews), Badam (Almonds) Manuka (Resins), Piste (Pistachio)
44. Dry Coconut small triangular pieces 8
45. Gud (Jagary) small pieces 8
46. Khadisakhar (Sugar Crystals) 1 bowl
47. Naral/Nariyal - (Coconut with water) 5
6) Tray/Plate 4 - Naivedya (Offering) Quantity
48. Panchamrut (Mixture of Milk, Curd, Honey, Sugar, Ghee) 1 Bowl
49. Naivedya: Shira (Suji Halwa) – A Sweet dish made of Rava, Sugar, Ghee &
50. Maha Naivedya (Main Offering): Regular Food (Rice, Daal, Vegetable,
Salad/Chatni, Chapati/Puri, Pickle, Papad, Vade/Pakode etc...)
51. Naivedya for Uttar pooja (Curd Rice will do) As desired
7) Tray/Plate 5 - Pushpam (Flowers) Quantity
52. Tulasipatra – leaves of tulasi (1001 for Pooja - please count and keep
separate; if you don't get tulasipatra use Petals of flowers)
53. Flowers Assorted (Rose, Marigold etc...) 20-30
54. Flower Garland (For photos of deities used in Pooja) As required
55. Door Hanging 1
8) Tray/Plate 3 - Miscellaneous Quantity
56. Ghee for Niranjan & Oil for Samai 1 Small Bowl each
57. Attar - (Scent) 1 bottle
58. Plates / Trays (Stainless steel/plastic) for keeping the Pooja Material 3-4 As Required
katha ,satyanarayan katha ,satyanarayan pooja ,satyanarayana ,satyanarayan puja ,satyanarayan katha hindi ,satyanarayan vrat ,satyanarayan katha download ,satyanarayan vrat katha ,satyanarayan katha mp3 ,aarti satyanarayan ,satyanarayan katha download ,satyanarayan katha hindi ,satyanarayan katha mp3 ,satyanarayan temple ,satyanarayan vrat ,satyanarayan vrat katha ,satyanarayana ,satyanarayana katha ,satyanarayana pooja ,satyanarayan katha ,satyanarayan pooja ,satyanarayan puja ,satyanarayana ,satyanarayan katha download ,satyanarayan katha hindi ,satyanarayan katha mp3 ,satyanarayan vrat ,satyanarayan vrat katha ,shri satyanarayan ,aarti satyanarayan ,satyanarayan katha ,satyanarayan katha download ,satyanarayan katha hindi ,satyanarayan katha mp3 ,satyanarayan pooja ,satyanarayan puja ,satyanarayan vrat ,satyanarayan vrat katha ,satyanarayana ,कथा, सत्यनारायण कथा, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण कथा हिंदी, सत्यनारायण vrat, सत्यनारायण कथा डाउनलोड, सत्यनारायण vrat कथा, सत्यनारायण कथा mp3, आरती सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण कथा डाउनलोड सत्यनारायण कथा हिंदी, सत्यनारायण कथा mp3, सत्यनारायण मंदिर,vrat सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण vrat कथा, सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण कथा, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण कथा, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण कथा डाउनलोड, सत्यनारायण कथा हिंदी, सत्यनारायण कथा mp3, सत्यनारायण vrat, सत्यनारायण vrat कथा, सत्यनारायण श्री, आरती सत्यनारायण, सत्यनारायण कथा, सत्यनारायण कथा डाउनलोड करें, सत्यनारायण कथा हिंदी, सत्यनारायण कथा एमपी 3, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण पूजा, सत्यनारायण vrat, सत्यनारायण vrat कथा, सत्यनारायण,