मंगलवार, 9 अप्रैल 2013

Most Common English Errors of Indian students.......

Here's a list of some of the most common mistakes that many English speakers in India make. Of course the list is not complete. I will continue to add more in my oncoming blogs. If you remember some of such common blunders, please inform me through your comments as it may help a good number of Indian students who wish to hone their communication skills in English.

In each pair of the following sentences, the sentences given in brackets are the accepted standard English)



Their childrens are very naughty.
(Their CHILDREN are very naughty.)

She is my cousin-sister.
(She is my COUSIN.)



I like the peoples of my country.
(I like the PEOPLE of my country)


He is my cousin-brother.
(He is my COUSIN.)

I got many informations about....
(I got a lot of INFORMATION about....)

There are different types of equipments here.
(There are different types of EQUIPMENT here)

I want to buy a pant/pent.
(I want to buy A PAIR OF PANTS.)

It cost him only one rupees.
(It cost him only one RUPEE.)

200 kilometres are a ling distance.
(200 kilometres IS a long distance.)

Parents should aware their children about......
(Parents should MAKE THEIR CHILDREN AWARE ABOUT.....)

Anyways, hope to see you again.
(ANYWAY, hope to see you again.)

She oftenly comes here.
(She OFTEN comes here.)


What is your good name, please?
(What is your name, please?)

Mrs & Mr Sharma
(MR &MRS Sharma.)

My brother is reading in fourth class.
(My brother is STUDYING in fourth class.)
(My brother is in fourth class.)


My Mrs is not well today.
(My WIFE is not well today.)

I used to do exercise daily.
(I used to TAKE exercise daily.)

I am completely agree with you.
(I completely agree with you.)

Jack is one of my best friend.
(Jack is one of my best FRIENDS.)


He is belong to Delhi.
(He BELONGS to Delhi.)

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

fly